It’s a really important farm with many of its building listed only short distance from Hartland Point on the North Devon coast. It was given to the National Trust by Miss F Abraham in 1943 and along with the farm buildings there’s a beautiful stretch of coast with wonderful views to Lundy, Morte Point and the Welsh Coast.
Over the years we’ve been able to gradually move all the newer farm buildings away from the older listed ones to a area below the farm house to the west, and the under grounding of the cables was the final piece of the jigsaw.
The work was carried out by Local contractors, Western Power , National Trust Staff and volunteers. We also received funding from The North Devon AONB and there SDF GRANT which helped landscape the trenches after the work.
Head Ranger, Torridge